Thursday, February 18, 2010

131 Capple Basic

Backstory: I was going to make this and try it side by side with 132 - Orange Carrot but the orange in the kitchen went bad on the inside so it was just a double batch of Capple Basic instead.

Initial Thoughts Before Tasting: Probably won't taste all that different seeing as my parents used to toss in an apple or two when they made carrot juice.

Ingredients:
4 carrots
1 apple

Thoughts After Tasting: The apple tones down the carrot quite nicely and adds a bit of interest to a basic carrot juice. Supposedly really good for energy and I found that I wasn't very hungry after as an added bonus. Tastes inverse to the 002 Apple Basic which I prefered but like this version for the positive effects of carrot on skin. Though I wonder how the star system was created because 129 What's Up Doc? doesn't differ by much (minus 1 carrot and plus one apple) and yet 129 is given 5 stars for skin while this juice, 131 is given 3. The only conclusion I can come up with is that the stars needed to be scaled down to compensate for the increased energy of 5 stars for the Capple Basic.

Natalie Writes:
"... good, basic standby for any morning."
I guess I agree. I'm kind of neutral on this one.

Cleaning: Again, quite a few apple skins and pieces got trapped in the top so the space used for collecting the de-juiced ingredients wasn't used effectively. Standard to clean.

Star Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment